Friday, July 27, 2007

Spot-Less

What happened to the Target One Spot? We were there today, and my beloved section had been replaced by a gourmet food display. Is it just my Target, or are they all gone? This is very distressing. So distressing, in fact, that I have forgotten any relevant news I might have had to pass along, so I'll just pass along some odds and ends that you may or may not find interesting and/or entertaining.

-- BabyCenter.com sent me the most delightful email yesterday, letting me know that I could look forward to gaining roughly a pound a week for the next 13 weeks. Thanks, BabyCenter.com. You know exactly how to brighten a girl's day. At least I know where a good portion of that weight is going to come from -- Marie's Spinach Salad dressing and Hershey's Kissables. Have you had these things yet? (The Kissables, not the combination of the two.) They might just be candy perfection. Oh, and they look like miniature game pieces from the old Sorry! game. As in, Sorry! these are not fat-free!

-- Speaking of pregnancy, I have reached the week/day where I was on my last day of work before John was born, when I resigned in order to relax (sleep) for the remainder of my pregnancy and prepare for life as a stay-at-home mom. That day, I handed in my badge and walked out of the building, and the next day I got on an airplane bound for a week in Antigua. (Hey, I resigned in style!) I spent the next three months sleeping late, folding and re-folding baby clothes, and watching ER reruns on the cable that Time Warner so graciously forgot to turn off. And I remember thinking to myself that I had better enjoy every single second of it, because it would not be so relaxing the next time around. Turns out, I was right.

-- During our daily morning rendition of "The Spirit of Aggieland", John spelled out the T-E-X-A-S-A-G-G-I-E part all by himself. We are nothing if not excellent brainwashers.
And in other musical news, we're almost convinced that John thinks Willie Nelson's "Red Headed Stranger" is a standard Presbyterian hymn.

-- A big birthday hello and hug to Jessica up in Kansas City. We hope you have a great day today!

And with that, I hear a little boy waking up from his nap. Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

JLP said...

Hey,Ruth...I noticed that our Target One Spot had disappeared (to my dismay) from its usual location several visits ago, but last time I went I discovered it was just inside the door on the other side of the store...so there is hope for you, too! Y'all have a good weekend!

April said...

Our Target did the same thing...I don't know why they want to mess with us like that, but it was good to know that it was still there, even if a little further to walk. :)

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

You obviously don't have trouble losing your pregnancy weight (re: after you had John) and with two little ones to take care of, I imagine you will have quite a bit of exercising and running around coming your way! No worries! Love, Shae

Ruthie said...

You've got me really worried about the Dollar Spot. No!