So inquiring minds want to know about this pregnancy, huh? Well, so far it's been pretty unremarkable, for which we are very thankful. Yeah, there were the 7 weeks of dismay and disgust at the beginning, but once those dark days were behind us, things have gone quite smoothly.
What we know so far -- Sister is a bit opinionated, and seems to be a night owl. She kicks the most late at night, and kicks the hardest when Tommy talks to her. I mean, really hard. Deliberately, you might say. Not sure yet whether it's an expression of love, or if she's telling him to be quiet. I'm hoping it's the latter, since it does kinda hurt. The other time that she kicks a lot is when I'm holding John. He hasn't recognized it yet, but when he does, I'm sure he'll just add it to what is likely to be a laundry list of complaints against life with a baby sister.
We're deep in decorating mode -- my mom and I picked out the fabric when I was at the farm, and it's not entirely toile, though it is toile-ish, which I'm sure isn't a word but hopefully conveys the idea that it's a print that repeats. It's a nursery rhyme pattern with a somewhat freakish Humpty Dumpty, but we're going to do our best to ignore him. It's on a muted sage green background, and we'll use a pinkish-red ticking stripe fabric for accents. [And with that, any male readers have officially stopped caring about this post.]
The walls in Sister's room -- and brace yourselves, because this is earth-shattering stuff at our house -- are going to be a light sage green (Behr's "Restful", if you happen to be at Home Depot and want to see it in person). Tommy agreed to painting the room something other than Off White (Behr #1870, the official paint color of choice for the other two rooms in progress) once I assured him that I wouldn't complain that it was the color of avocado and/or vomit within 6 months of Sister's arrival.
But beyond that, it's pretty easy to forget that you're pregnant when you're chasing a toddler around all day. We'll definitely keep everyone posted as the time ticks away -- we're now 25 weeks and counting!
1 comment:
yay! thanks for the update about your pregnancy with sister! she sounds like a little firecracker. when i was pregnant with livie, she also kicked hard when i would hold another baby. and then, when i had livie and one of my preggers friends came to the hospital to meet her, her baby kicked hard when she held livie.
oooh, i'm looking forward to pics of the updated rooms. yay for the "restful" green. sounds pretty.
Post a Comment