Thursday, January 11, 2007

Audience Participation Required


OK, everyone, we're going to play two little games. First, I have just discovered that it's "delurking week", where the goal is to find out just who has been visiting your blog. So leave a comment if you get a chance. I won't hunt you down or Google you or anything like that.

Then, it's time to play along with Big Mama. I've never done a meme, but this one seemed fun -- six weird things about me. Are you on the edge of your seat yet? :-)

1. I notice license plates. I mean, really notice. I can tell you when a car was bought based on the first letter on the plates. My husband actually has endured conversations where I mention that DPS rolled out the M plates this month. And I was near tears when I had to put the new style plates on the Mustang.

2. I don't chew Pepperidge Farm goldfish. I don't know why, but I just don't.

3. When I get fountain cokes (which is quite often), I hold them in a way that, I'm told, is rather strange and annoying. Instead of holding it around the middle, like a normal person, I grip it over the lid. Why? Because I don't like touching the clammy, cold sides of the drink, and then if you squeeze the cup, the lid pops off. And speaking of fountain cokes, I firmly believe that the ones from McDonald's taste funny.

4. I am very attached to the people who give me news. I had a crush on Ken Barlow, who used to be the NBC weather man in Minneapolis (and I even sold him a sweater at the Gap once!) He now lives in Boston, Laura, so keep an eye out for him. I cry during the Today show retrospectives. And don't even get me started on Ann Curry.

5. It would be impossible for me to have enough towels in my house.

6. I can't stand the smell of microwave popcorn. I like the taste of it, but the smell permeates everything in the house, and heaven forbid my pillowcases smell like popcorn. I blame this one on my brother. He made microwave popcorn a lot. More often than not, it was burned from cooking too long. And that smell would haunt me for days. Speaking of smells, I love barbeque, but don't like to eat at barbeque restaurants because the smell gets in your hair and then you go somewhere and the person standing nexts to you sniffs and says, "I suddenly have a craving for Rudy's."

OK, that was fun! I'm sure that some of you (Tommy) can add much more to this. :-) If you want to play along, go for it. We will go back to our regularly-scheduled blogging about John this evening. He's still cute and adorable and everything.

9 comments:

lltanderson said...

i also think the fountain cokes at mcd's taste funny...it's like the sprite and the coke and the diet coke are all run through the same line. in fact, i don't like fountain sodas for this reason. but, dan's hamburgers does a good job of using the right line for the right flavor, so if i go there, i'll get a fountain coke. see, i'm delurked ;-p

Dawn said...

Do I really need to delurk? ;) I don't think I qualify as a lurker because it's no secret that I visit at least twice a day, 3-4 times when I await pictures.

Had to comment on the McD's cokes though. I loathe them. I worked there though so everything from there tastes like a thousand deep, dark, not-so-fresh secrets.

Oh, and that goldfish thing? That's just weird. And yet strangely endearing.

k&bpowers said...

I concur with the McD's feelings. However, I feel everything there tastes the same. McD's is now only for pregnancy emergencies.

And the license plate thing? I'm glad you can finally admit it in public.:)

justinroche said...

Well, we were going to have you over to our new house for a Goldfish-Microwave Popcorn- McDonald's Coke-BBQ, but now we have to figure something else out, apparently...

April said...

I wanted to say something funny, but Justin beat me to it. I would challenge any of your quirks with my own, but whatever I came up with would pale in comparison with what Tommy could tell you, so we'll just let some of them reveal themselves to you over time...

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

Of course you know I am lurking in your blog's shadows! I have to do something productive with my day besides work. Dash and I cannot wait to hang out with you and Tommy this next weekend! We'll talk soon about logistics for our big weekend. See you soon Ruth! -Shae

Unknown said...

so I'm up at 4am because I am pregnant and HOT. Why is it 70 degress in January? How on earth did Dawn handle having a baby in August? Less than two weeks to go. I haven't visited your page in months and enjoyed catching up - Somehow I think I'll have more time to read my friends blogs once I get to stay home for 12 weeks.

Big Mama said...

I couldn't agree more about the fountain drinks at McDonalds. Something is just wrong there.

Loved your list!

Laura said...

Hey Ruth!

I had no idea that you had a thing for my favorite Boston meteriologist--that is hilarious! Ever since I started watching the news here, I have had a small crush myself. I will definitely keep an eye out for him. :-) I really enjoy reading your blog, and I know that I need to get around to creating one myself. Glad to hear that everything is going well with the Connell's!

-Laura