I apologize for the dearth* of exciting information featured here lately. Frankly, it's just too hot to be creative. And yes, I know that it's this hot -- if not hotter -- every summer. But the three weeks of rain and cooler temperatures tricked me. I foolishly got used to 80 degrees, thinking that this was normal for Texas in July. Ah, how wrong I was. Because this 94 and oppressively humid stuff -- this is normal.
So imagine my surprise just now when I walked into JoAnn Fabrics and saw a giant display of fall decor -- scarecrows, flowers, and even pumpkins. Pumpkins! In July! Either they've gone half-crazy because of the heat, or they figure that people are so desperate for cooler weather already that they'll buy the pumpkins now, and maybe Halloween will get here sooner.
And that's where the heat exhaustion turned into just plain stress exhaustion -- around here, Halloween time will be brand-new-baby time. So if the pumpkins are in the stores already, we're in big trouble. We are so not ready. Which is not to say that we're not actively in home-improvement mode -- my dear husband finished up the new guest room on Sunday, and John's new room is up next. We even have all the paint already, so there's no turning back. But the mental preparation -- yeah, that part isn't quite done.
At any rate, if you need us, we'll be sitting here, sweating. Identifying each and every car we see by make and color. Not sleeping, as John's in the middle of a nap strike. Oh, and counting the days until UPS arrives with the last Harry Potter book.
See -- I told you I had nothing interesting to say. :-)
--------------------------
*I try to throw in one of those fancy ten-dollar words every once in a while, just to reassure my parents that all that tuition for a literature degree was money well spent.
3 comments:
Don't go to a Hallmark store! they already have Christmas ornaments out!
ooh, i can see how seeing a display of pumpkins and fall decor could scare you :-)
so, you haven't blogged very much about your pregnancy with sister, what it's like to be pregnant while chasing a toddler, and the excitement of adding pink and toile to your decor. i, a faithful reader, would love to hear this from you. ppppplllleeeeeeaaaassse! with air conditioning blasting on top!
Yeah, we're still not ready for our second one either, which is bad, since we now have three...I don't know if that is encouraging for you or not, but at least you know that there is the other side, and you will not only make it, you will do GREAT! :)Stay cool.
Post a Comment