Monday, March 19, 2007

Rodeo Round Up

Another weekend, another trip to Houston. :-) This time it was to hang out with Papa and Grandma Valerie, and to see Aunt Caitlin at the Houston Rodeo. Which was just too cool. I grew up going to the rodeo, and I had never seen this part of it -- the hundreds of kids who have poured heart, sweat, and tears into raising their animals for this event. Just amazing.

(Another amazing feat, not at all connected to Caitlin or the rodeo but still worth mentioning -- John slept until 8:30 a.m. both days that we were there. He has never slept that late. It was all we dreamed it could be and more.)

Anyway, back to the rodeo. We decided that John was too young for the big show, so met up with Aunt Shae and arrived after lunch on Friday to see all the livestock events. We took John to the petting zoo and to see the goat mountain, and even to watch the baby chicks hatch. But guess what his favorite part was? Oh yeah. Once he saw the display set up by the local implement dealer, everything else was forgotten.
(Well, at least until his daddy shared some Marble Slab with him.)



My favorite part was, of course, the goats. :-)







1 comment:

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

Thanks for letting me tag along Ruth and Tommy (and John)! I had a blast! See you all soon I hope.
-Shae