Tuesday, March 27, 2007

23 Months

For the next 30 days, I will resist the urge to respond with "Two" or "almost two" when someone asks me John's age. Because this is my last chance to answer in months. From here on out, it's in six month increments or more.

He really is growing up too fast. He's talking in almost-complete sentences -- "John eating cheese. Mama eating cheese too." -- and doing other 2-year old things like specifying what shoes he wants to wear and throwing a full-body fit if I select something else. And reading along with us in his favorite books, and counting things and learning letters. This last one is a mystery to me, though. He knows "W." We didn't teach him. But he points it out wherever he sees it, making trips to Wal-Mart very educational indeed.

But I have 30 days left to baby him. I predict a lot of cuddling between now and the end of April.

No comments: