I'll admit it. I have what some people (namely my husband) would call an unhealthy attachment to the Today show. I can't help it -- it's just part of who I am. I have watched the Today show for as long as I can remember. As my mom has said, these people are our friends.
But I've been missing my Today show fix for a few months. I can't even give a credible opinion about Meredith, since my formerly iron-clad control over the morning remote has been usurped. See, Sesame Street also comes on at 7:00. It's a losing battle. Trust me, I've tried.
And it's not like I'm asking for the whole show. I really just want the first 30 minutes -- the headlines, the main stories, and the weather. But by the time I get a chance to tune in, it's the third hour -- and really, it's all just drivel and Ann Curry at that point.
Today, though, was a gift. John and I settled in with our fruit and yogurt, and just as my mind started to drift, imagining what witty banter was going on over at Rockefeller Plaza, there was Matt Lauer. On Sesame Street. Interviewing Cookie Monster on his recent switch to fruit. There were even furry monsters lined up with signs on the "plaza." It wasn't much, but hey, I'll take what I can get.
No comments:
Post a Comment