We've been here almost 6 weeks, and we love our apartment, but it still doesn't quite feel like our home. It's our house, definitely, but there isn't much here that really feels like "us". Part of the reason is that our shipment is (STILL) not here, but it's also that this place is so overwhelmingly beige.
Anyway, today I went out to B&Q, which is kind of like Home Depot. Actually, it's a LOT like Home Depot, with orange signs and all. Even race car carts. Just when I thought I had escaped them. Oh, and there's a guy doing a live info-mercial type thing for a mop. I walked by him about 5 times and he started his pitch over every time. How do you say, "No thank you, I already have a mop." in Mandarin? This was my second trip to the store -- I went by on Wednesday after Bible study, but quickly realized that there was no way I could get everything home. (I think Tommy likes the idea of me only being able to buy what I can carry. ;-)) Back to the (boring) point. I bought a lamp, the coat rack, and some other random household things -- a plant, a Swiffer, etc. I set them up before Tommy came in from work, and he noticed the difference right away.
So now I'm curled up on the couch next to my new lamp, after having a very Freebirds-ish dinner, watching TV and waiting for Tommy to get home from tennis. Bit by bit, it's starting to feel like home.
No comments:
Post a Comment