We are supposed to be receiving our (long awaited, much anticipated, when is our stuff ever going to get here?!?) sea shipment today. We are not receiving it today. I am not bitter. Really. It's not like I'm tired of the same clothes, books, toys, DVDs that we've been wearing/using since December 9th. Really. We're now told Monday.. or maybe Tuesday. They're actually not quite sure. And it's not like it's still in transit -- oh no. Our crate has been in Shanghai for nearly 3 weeks. Just sitting there, charging us storage fees and waiting for all of the paperwork to come in and for the 3rd moon of Saturn to line up with Jupiter or something equally random.
So that means we get to endure (at least) another weekend of John asking us when our "Weed" is going to get here. That's what he's been calling the Wii. As in, he's been telling his teachers that all of our Weed is on the boat and will get here on Friday. There's not really a convincing way to say "I promise my three year old isn't a pothead."
In another conversation yesterday, as we were snacking on pretzel sticks, John picked up one and put it to the outside of his lips, and said it was his "Sugar Plum Ferret like the man in the elevator." Um, what? "Sugar Plum Ferret. It was in his mouth and then there was fire and smoke came out of the end." I said, "John, do you mean the yucky cigarette?" He looked at me very seriously and said, "No, Mom. I mean the Sugar Plum Ferret."
We then had a lengthy conversation about why he should never, ever smoke cigarettes OR ferrets.
Happy Friday, everyone. :-)
1 comment:
make sure he isn't doing LSD either.
Post a Comment