Said John, when I went to retrieve him from his room, on his third napless afternoon in a row:
"I'm SO not tired, Mama."
And this was even I did my best to wear him out this morning, with a trip to the park with Dawn and Victor before they leave for the frozen tundra of Illinois. ;-) It was the first sustained, pleasant, spirited interaction between the boys. Dawn and I watched, mesmerized, as John and Victor finally realized that they like each other.
They played on the swings and made elephant noises at each other. They babbled and ran circles around the playscape. John -- in a display of orderly conduct that I can only assume came from preschool -- announced at the end of each trip down the slide "I'm waiting for Victor" and then stood off to the side while Victor came down, before running back to start up the stairs again and saying "Now Victor waits for John!"
We were so afraid to ruin it that we didn't get much photo evidence at first (and by we, I mean Dawn, since she still owns a camera) Eventually the shock wore off and Dawn started recording -- check out Victor's web site for a cool montage of male bonding, toddler-style. My favorite part is where they kick the dirt together.
1 comment:
By far my favorite part, as well. I love how John really gets into it in an attempt to catch up to Victor's kicks per minute. Red rocks! (and black letters)
I hope John's so tired tomorrow. We'll miss you guys but can't wait to play with new stuff together once we're back. Especially the Lincoln Logs.
Post a Comment