Monday, November 05, 2007

Things I Had Forgotten

Today is our first day on our own, just the three of us. And so far, it has been successful. We conquered a trip to a fancy! new! SuperTarget with no problems (fueled by a mocha mint coffee shake and sheer determination) -- and, though I will probably regret typing this -- I managed to get both of them down to sleep, at the same time, with exactly zero tears. From them or from me.

And I know I should be sleeping. But, if I fall asleep without Tommy here to wake me up, it's possible that I might not hear either of the kids over the monitor. So, I thought I'd take a few minutes to jot down some of the things I had forgotten:

-- How much she sleeps. Though, I figure I only have a few more weeks (if that) to enjoy it before she starts a many-months cycle of nap strikes and difficulties just like her big brother. So I'm appreciating it now.

-- How wonderful Dreft smells. If it weren't a gazillion dollars a bottle, I might just do all of our laundry in it.

-- All of the little squeaks and sighs that she makes when she is sleeping, and all the smiles and frowns and pouts that go along with them.

-- What it's like to enjoy watching a football game. (Oh. Wait. Sorry. We're talking about the baby here.)

-- How it's possible to change 4 dirty diapers in under 10 minutes.

-- How teeny-tiny her little fingernails and toes are -- and how big John's look by comparison.

I'm sure it won't be long before I forget these things all over again, but I'm enjoying them while I can!

No comments: