Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I really don't know where she gets this stubborn streak.

It's all up to Sister now, as if she already knows that everyone here is going to be at her beck and call. Maybe she just wants to outlast her big brother. Maybe she realizes that exactly zero TV networks are interested in carrying the Buyout Bowl on Saturday and wants to make sure we have something to do that day. Who knows. But the doctor even commented, "You may have a little stubborn one on your hands!"

In the interest of science, I'll record some of the doctor's predictions from this morning's appointment. We'll see how accurate they turn out to be! (For the record, he predicted just about to the day when John would arrive, and got his weight within 3 ounces. )

-- He doesn't think I will make it to the scheduled induction next week. He thinks it could be as early as tonight, but likely sometime this week. (I didn't clarify whether he meant calendar week, as in by Friday, or if he meant the week in between today's appointment and the induction. Probably should have asked that, now that I think about it.)

-- He thinks that Sister will weigh around 7 lbs, 6 oz, if she arrives in the next day or two.

-- He thinks that I'll only be in labor for 5-6 hours.

Let's hope he's right with at least some of these!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah, hmmm. How did she ever turn out like this?

I think he meant calendar week. Otherwise he'd phrase it as "before the induction". Right? Yes, I'm trying to make you happy. Surely he meant calendar week though.

I think you'll be in labor slightly less than that. 4-5. Probably won't even break a sweat.

lltanderson said...

wow! those are great predictions...hope they come true!