Dawn, you were right. You too, Dad. And CNN, and the Statesman, and Big Mama, and pretty much everyone else who has been heralding the praises of this show for the last year. It's not my fault that it was on Tuesdays. And then Wednesdays. I wanted to watch, and it just never worked out.
However, I have since seen the error of my ways, and now I love, love, love Friday Night Lights. My repentance is taking the form of racing through every single episode from last season before next Friday's premiere. Thank you, Blockbuster and pregnancy-induced insomnia.
It's got football. GOOD football. And we know that this house needs some of that right now. It's got drama. It's got witty banter, but not the kind where you are annoyed because no one actually talks like that. (Gilmore Girls and Studio 60, I'm talking to you.) Kyle Chandler ain't that bad, either. But I've loved him ever since he got blown to smithereens on Grey's Anatomy. Coaching football just makes him cuter.
And if that weren't enough, it's filmed here. Here! They play made-up teams in real-life uniforms (Westlake, Westwood, A&M Consolidated...) Lyla uses Hill Country Fare eggs to make muffins. Jason Street "lives" on Richcreek! (Right next door to Ye Olde Bachelor Pad. Go online and look. Episodes 10 and 11. You'll recognize the front door and porch.) Those are the little things that make me happy/drive my husband near crazy as I point them out.
You have exactly one week and one day to get ready for the premiere of the new season. The episodes are free on NBC.com. You'll thank me later.
3 comments:
I've reached the height of dorkiness when I post a comment on one entry and then am there for the next one to pop up.
But yeah, it's about time you got onboard. And that episode of Grey's is the only one I ever saw and I watched it numerous times to see KC, pre-explosion. Now get to work on those last S1 eps!
Dash and I are HUGE fans as well! It is the one show that we both love so we can watch it together. Glad to hear you have come around!
Dash and I are praying for you and Sister (and Tommy). We can't wait to meet our new niece!
Ruth! I am so proud of your wonderful TV show review. I could not agree with you more... I am obsessed with the show and have embarassingly already watched the entire season on DVD. Its incredibly addicting when you watch them back to back. I love me so Riggins.
Hope all is well with you!!!
Post a Comment