I had my 36 week check-up today. Sister looks great and still kicks like crazy. She's got one heel that seems to be lodged on the right side of my rib cage and an elbow that likes to abuse the left side, but is in the correct position and is getting bigger every day.
As in, she already is "estimated" to weigh between 6 and 6.5 pounds. This is distressing to me, because John weighed 6-10 when he was born. So at the average rate of a half pound per week, we have the potential for an 8-pounder. A side note to Marcy and Kim and April -- Yes, I am a wimp. I admit it. You all rock and are super heroes. ;-)
Oh, and we also checked the due date against her measurements. Her leg and stomach measurements were right on track with the due date, but her head measured just a bit (read: 2 weeks) larger. This was the only thing going through my mind:
Fortunately, it doesn't look like we'll be making it to the 40-week point. I'm already progressing enough for Tommy to cancel his recruiting trip next week and they've scheduled an induction at 39 weeks, just in case.
And now I will try to find the delicate balance between freaking out ("She's going to come tomorrow and I have so much to do, like power-wash the back porch and organize the upstairs bookshelf and ...") and being realistic/slothful ("I think I'll watch some of Dancing with the Stars for the third night in a row instead of finishing up my hospital bag.")
4 comments:
Oh come on! It's not like you're going to SEE your back porch for the next few months. Why bother? Now bookcases, that's another matter altogether. ;)
What ever isn't in the hospital bag can be purchased at the nearby Walgreens &/or Target. No need to stress about that. Lord knows I forgot some essentials and packed way too many things that never even saw the light of day.
Don't feel like a wimp...Brody was my biggest and I wasn't even awake! If I hadn't of been able to reroute their exit, I would have been a tad bit apprehensive myself. But, hey, how bad could it be? :)
Haley was said to be 6 lbs at my 36 week u/s and she was born only 5 days early weighing 6lbs 15oz. Have no fear, Ruth, those measurements are far from exact, if even correct. It will be fine! I can't believe sister is almost here.
Post a Comment