Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Long Time No Post

Yeah, I know. I've been slacking on my posting duties. We've just been really busy. May is always a crazy time for us, with birthdays and holidays and lots of events. So here is a quick recap:

-- John finished up preschool on May 23rd with a Teddy Bear Picnic and a glowing report card from his teachers. We were so proud. :-) While it's nice to have our Tuesdays and Thursdays open for play dates with our friends, I am already counting the days til September.

-- Speaking of play dates, we are cherishing every chance we get to hang out with the Parkers and the Humphreys, since they are both leaving Austin this summer -- the Parkers are headed to Virginia and the Humphreys to St. Louis. We're excited for them but very, very sad to be saying goodbye to some of our dear friends.

-- Tommy went to New Orleans for Memorial Day weekend to celebrate this. He had a great time with our friends there and even got to meet sweet baby George Owen! While he was gone, G came up from Katy to spend some time with us and experience the joy of Kiddie Acres. And then Papa and Grandma Valerie came up on Memorial Day, and we had an early birthday celebration for Papa.

-- This past weekend we got to have a visit from Dash and Shae, who were in Austin to go to a wedding in Boerne. You'll have to ask them about it. We had a great time playing Guitar Hero. I'm really, really bad at it, but it was still fun.

-- On Saturday Dawn and I did a garage sale. It was not nearly as lucrative as we had imagined (or promised our husbands) it would be. The highlight for me? Ilona Torok bought Dawn's Learning Home. Seriously. She lives around the corner from Dawn (a fact that I REALLY should have known before now). It ranks right up there with selling a sweater to Ken Barlow when I worked at The Gap in Mpls.

-- It's been really hot. I know that it's always hot here, but this has been especially brutal, and it's only June 3rd. It's going to be a long, long summer.

-- More on Betsy in another post, but she is as cute as can be (of course). She's getting dangerously close to being mobile -- she can turn in a circle on her belly, scoot backwards, and when she really wants to get somewhere, she kicks her legs up and down to get momentum and then lurches forward on her belly. Crawling is just around the corner, I'm afraid.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

The highlight should really be that you are inheriting the Little Tikes climber that Ilona has been stalking as she walks by our front yard for months (probably thinking "isn't Victor a little too big for that by now!?!?!!"). Or maybe the highlight should be the VHS "lady". But most definitely not the "I just got saved" guy. Yikes.