Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You've got to watch out for that Slim ...

Another John moment for the baby book:

We were at Rudy's with Nana and Grandpa Larry, and John was playing with my bracelet while we waited for our food. After he got bored with that, he asked to see my engagement ring. He likes to spin it around my finger -- it buys us entire seconds of quiet time during church. We've been reading "The House of Mistress Mouse" in the big Richard Scarry book lately (thanks, Aunt Natalie!) and when we get to the part where Mr. Mouse gives Mistress Mouse a diamond ring, we talk about how Daddy gave Mama her ring, etc.

So, anyway, back at Rudy's, John was playing with my ring and I asked him who gave it to me. He looks at it for a second and says, "Um, Slim!" "Slim?" I asked him. "Yes, Slim." After further discussion, we determined that Slim also gave Nana her ring. Tommy and Grandpa were both very intrigued by this information. We have yet to discover Slim's true identity, but he does have very good taste in jewelry.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

That is too funny! A also loves the Mistress Mouse story in the "lion book" as she calls it

Dawn said...

I love Aubrey's version. Victor calls it "Sun Story". :)

And I sure wish he'd catch on to Mistress Mouse like everyone else because I'm not nearly as fond of Pierre, the Paris Policeman as he is.

So seersee, who's Slim!?!?

Ruth said...

John calls it the "Yellow Apple Book." And Dawn, I'd take Pierre over Couscous the Algerian Detective any day! :-)