Monday, January 22, 2007

Hoops and Whoops

Can we get a little love for the Fightin' Texas Aggie men's basketball team, currently ranked 4-0 in conference?! That's right, the same school who was 0-16 just a few short years ago is starting to get a little attention from the pollsters. We got to see the phenomenon in person on Saturday night when we beat up on OSU -- my first Aggie basketball game, and Tommy's first one since the days of the Holler House on the Brazos. SO much fun. This little trip was Tommy's Christmas present, and we got to enjoy it with Dash and Shae (John was in Katy with his grandpa, Aunt April, Uncle Justin, Brody and Abilene.) Oh, and even though Tommy really didn't care where we ate, we decided on dinner at Koppe Bridge.

(An aside -- this was also our first time to see the Aggie Dance Team in person. While the pom-poms do make the sophomore wildcat slightly less dorky, the maroon crushed velvet dance pants weren't doing anyone any favors.)

Speaking of Aggies, this is a long overdue shout-out to Aunt Caitlin, who is now officially part of the Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2011. Whoop!

3 comments:

Big Mama said...

Gig'em Ags! Did you ever imagine that we would be a better basketball school than a football school?

Yeah, me neither.

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

I wonder where the idea to eat at Koppe Bridge came from? hehe. We had a blast! Thanks for including Dash and I!

ruthie said...

I am still so jealous I didnt get to go to this game... and to put greasy Koppe Bridge and the skanky belly-rolling dancers (I got an live re-enactment from Shae on the dancers signature move haha) on top of it... its almost too much to bare!