Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Live Music, Dead Birds

Did you hear about our little bird crisis in Austin yesterday? I guess it is a little strange -- 60 or so dead birds in the middle of downtown Austin is probably cause for a little worry. They are sending the birds of to A&M for testing, but have pretty much ruled out bird flu and all of the other scary things it could have been. You know, we do have a nice, interesting city -- and yet our dead grackels are what gets CNN and NPR's attention. If we make it on The Daily Show, then I will be concerned.

Not that we would see it, of course. The cable is off. Yet Tommy has found a little glimmer of sportscasting sunshine, in that our ultra-high-tech rabbit ears allow him to get the audio and a very grainy picture of ESPN Plus. As an added bonus, he figured this out during A&M's first conference basketball game of the season. I'm not bitter. It could have been Disney or CNN or Food Network, but no. I'm very happy for him and his little loophole.

We are about to head out for our first visit to toddler storytime. As Dawn pointed out, the infant and preschool storytimes are 30 minutes long, but the toddler storytime is only 15 minutes. Gee, wonder why?

1 comment:

Dash, Shae and Mason said...

Gig'em ESPN Plus!