John: "Mom, I told Betsy "No Sir!" and she just keeps doing it anyway!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: "Good night, John. I love you." John: "I love you too, sweetheart."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(On the plane home from MN, as we're getting ready to take off...)
John: "Mom, I'm sad."
Me: "Why?"
John: "Because the wheel fell off the plane and the plane broke and fell down."
Me: Trying not to panic.
Tommy: Laughing uncontrollably.
John: "No fear, Mama! No fear!"
Me: White knuckles on the arm rest
Tommy: Tears streaming down his face from all the laughing.
John: "Ahhhh! We're going to fall!!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Hugging John, getting ready for his nap.)
John: "Oh, Mama. Your hair is so soft and gross."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tommy: "John, did you see the bread and wine Mama had at church?"
John: "Yes."
Tommy: "That was a special thing that we did. It means ... "
John: "Uh-huh. But, look at that red Toyota over there!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(At the grocery store)
John: "What is this, Mama?"
Me: "It's a loaf of bread."
John: "Why?"
Me: "Because it's a loaf of bread, John. It just is."
John: "Why?"
Me: "Because it's bread."
John: "What is this, Mama?"
Me: Silently crying.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 comment:
I laughed out loud at several of these John-isms!
Post a Comment