My dad volunteered to keep John for the night, and I took Tommy on the scenic route, past all the major landmarks. Then I managed to stall for about 20 more minutes before getting up the guts to actually park and go into the Hilton. (The same Hilton that's now infamous for the dentist who ran over her husband in the parking lot. )
In spite of my nervousness, given that I hadn't really seen or spoken to anyone from high school in nine of the past ten years, the whole thing was really a lot of fun. I am so proud of my fellow Armand Bayou Terrapins! Out of a class of over 600, there were only about 150 people there, and a huge percentage of those people were kids I'd known and gone to school with since kindergarten.
I did manage to spill a beer on Tommy, but thankfully the homecoming queen was there to rescue me. And we survived the whole awkward thing of exchanging childbirth stories with my prom date's wife. So much fun to reconnect with Jill (and to have people confuse us, again!), and with Kelli, Tyson, Eric, and Jenny. Some of my classmates are doing the coolest things now, and a few live here in Austin, so I hope that we'll do a better job of keeping in touch between now and our 25th reunion!
Here we are -- with wardrobe credits to Lisa!
1 comment:
So did everyone love your dress, or what?! jk. ;-)
Post a Comment