We left Minnesota for Mexico very, very early on Monday morning. (We were supposed to leave on Tuesday morning, but it's a long story.) With judgement blurred from getting 4 hours of sleep in the last two days, we upgraded to First Class -- maybe the best $150 of the trip? -- and two mimosas later, we arrived in Cancun.
Royal Hideaway may be our favorite hotel, second only to Chateau Lake Louise where we stayed for our honeymoon. Nothing against our times in St. Martin and Antigua, but this was amazing. We feel so fortunate that we got to enjoy this great getaway.
I could go into elaborate detail about the awesome food, the very courteous staff, blah blah blah ... But instead I'll just share some pictures:
The entrance to the hotel

Our room

Our villa

One of the friendly iguanas

Dinner at Palazzo, the hotel's Italian restaurant. (One note about the food -- Tommy had foie gras creme brulee as an appetizer!) If you look out on the horizon, you can see Cozumel

This picture really doesn't do the pool/beach justice -- the early morning humidity fogged up the camera lens! -- but you can see the infinity pool, the "beach beds" in the background, and the gorgeous water. If you see the two light-colored umbrellas between the pool and the beach, those were the chairs we used two of the days.
3 comments:
I am jealous! The pictures look beautiful! We can't wait to see you all this weekend at T Bar M!
Wow...looks fantastic. We're happy ya'll got to take such an exotic vacation! :) See you...sometime!
Ruth, I am so glad you had a great trip and I am so proud of you! I say that completely honestly, because the most I have ever stayed away from my kids is 1 night - and that has only happened twice. I am looking forward to the day that I will feel comfortable leaving the state, much less the country! Maybe you could coach me!
Post a Comment