Just a few random comments to share ...
John is still not walking. Those 9 steps he took a few weeks ago are just a distant memory, although he did a sort-of half-step shuffle towards the water slide stairs on Friday -- just proof that he will do anything to climb stairs. But anyway, back to the non-walking. I'm sure it will happen sometime, and I'm not worried about it or anything. He is starting to get heavy, though! (Which may be due to the fact that he now shovels entire fistfuls of food into his mouth -- funny at first, until you realize that he probably didn't chew any of those carrots. You see where this is going...)
Have you heard of FlyLady? I don't think I like her. I mean, she means well and all, but the emails are getting out of hand, and I haven't quite figured out how to fit actual parenting in between the Zone Mission of the Day, Renewing My Spirit, and shining my sink for the umpteenth time. (Though I will admit that my sink does look pretty good ...) Are any of you out there doing this?
I do think I have found my calling, though. All those years and years of People Magazine may finally pay off with the World Series of Pop Culture. I am SO trying out next year.
2 comments:
I've looked at the web page and had a couple friends in Albuquerque who love the fly lady but I'm with you that it's all pretty overwhelming. With the number of kiddos I'm soon to have, I'm going to have to cave and get some kind of schedule! ~I think she's good, I'm just still avoiding all that discipline.
I'm with you on FlyLady -- Cleaning and organizing are overrated.
If you need me to fill the role of "that guy who always gets the easiest questions so very very wrong" on your Pop team, count me in! I'd be fun to watch on national television.
Post a Comment