Saturday, July 30, 2011

QOTD

We have been posting John and Betsy's best quotes of the day (QOTD) on Facebook, but I wanted to share them here as well.

J: (Deep sigh) "I feel like I have been in a war, and I just got defeated."

J, leaving the gym: "Wow, that was more fun than I expected."

B: "Mama, I love you. Do you know why?" Me: "Why?" Betsy: "Because Daddy told me to and because you have money in your car."

J: "Mama! I slept late! I woke up at 6:43 instead of 6:40!"

J, after I asked him to carry his backpack from the car "Ugh! I have to do ALL the work!"

J, making paper airplanes "Dad, I want to tell you about lift and gravity playing tug-of-war"

B: "Daddy - Mama said food makes poo poo"

J: "Dad! Boys don't wear jewelry except for in Kenya"

B, playing dress up: "Sometimes Mama is the queen and I am Snow White and you are the Prince and Bubba is the... the... horse."

J, playing Rock Band: "It's Sunday, so we should probably play Livin' On A Prayer"

J: "Sometimes using words make me hiccup. I'm going to say 'Yes' in sign language."

J: "I'm trying to be patient but it's not working"

J, at dinner, after I asked him what he wanted to pray for: "My friends, our good food .. oh, and I want to pray that you'll remember next time that I like mushrooms in my spinach quiche."

J, after completing a time out: "Mama, I need to let you know that my heart is just a little bit broken because you put me in timeout." And the outburst that landed him in timeout? "Looking at the answer pages is NOT cheating! There are NO winners or losers in WORKBOOKS!"


(I should note here that Betsy really does say funny things, too.)

No comments: