
He made it through kindergarten! (And so did we.)
We couldn't be more proud of our sweet boy and his kindergarten year. He loved school, loved his teacher and friends, learned a bunch, and really made the whole transition to school-age as easy on us as we could have ever hoped.
He completed the full year -- all 175 days -- with green check-plus reports for behavior, which we are pretty happy about. At the year-end awards night, he was presented with two certificates from his teacher. His Academic Achievement award was for Critical Thinking (for all those Apollo schematics, I'm sure), and his Christian Character award was for Acceptance. His wonderful teacher told us that he was a good friend to all of his classmates, and that makes us the most proud of all.

Today, the Lower School celebrated with a really awesome swim party at a local pool, and then we kept the party rolling with a LONG stop at Chick Fil A (along with the Parkers and a good number of his classmates). Tonight he told me that he could give me a big "First Grader" hug goodnight, and he fell asleep quickly, ready to tackle the summer.
Unfortunately, he has never known the meaning of sleeping in, so I'm afraid I'll still have early wake up calls. I wonder if First Grade is old enough to start making the coffee each day ...
Congratulations, Bug! We are so proud of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment