I'm recording these here, so that I can remind him just how "cute" he was at age 4.
Friday, on the way to/during dinner at Cafe du Monde (Yes, we have one in Shanghai. No, it's not that great.)
-- After he asked why I was walking a different way, and I responded that I had made a wrong turn: "Mama, you should try doing something right."
-- When the boiled crawfish arrived at our table: "Mama, do they have eyes? I want one that doesn't have eyes. Can you take the eyes out for me?"
-- While waiting for our beignets, as yelled across the patio: "Mama, are the bin ladins here yet?"
Saturday night, on the way home from our friends' house, in rapid succession:
-- "Why am I the big brother? I'm small." (A: Because you were born before Betsy.)
-- "What is born?"
-- "How did I get in your tummy?"
-- "When I was born, did I come from your tummy or your mouth? Which one, Mama? Tummy, or mouth?" (A: Um, well ... of those choices, my tummy.)
-- "How did I come out of your tummy, Mama?"
I would like to point out that Tommy was in the taxi with us, and yet did not have the privilege of being asked these questions by our darling son. He just sat there laughing, holding the child who can't talk yet, and waited to hear my answers. Thanks for that, sweetheart.
Eventually he was distracted by something he saw outside the window and the questions stopped before I had to give any real answers.
2 comments:
So it is the tummy? Man, I was way off.
Yeah Ruth, why don't you try doing something right? ;)
Love the bin ladens reference.
Post a Comment