John is four. Or, si (suh) to hear him tell it (to anyone who happens to glance his direction). He had a great check-up today with the doctor, measuring 99 cm/38.9 in and 14.3 kg/31.5 lbs. At this rate, he will be in junior high before he graduates to a belt-positioning booster seat.
However, I am hear to tell you that newborn shots are a cakewalk compared to four-year boosters. He got two today and we'll have to wait a few weeks for the others to be shipped in from the UK. The whole experience nearly broke my heart. He had been so pleasant and brave and helpful throughout the exam, but as soon as he heard the word "shot", he climbed up in my lap and hid behind me in my chair, saying, "Please just take me home, Mama. I don't want two shots. I'm not sick. I don't need medicine. Can't you just please take me home now?" Adding insult to actual injury, the nurse brought him Disney Princess band-aids.
On a brighter note, he did have a great time at his class party on Monday -- and that was after all the excitement from cards and gifts and basically having the world revolve around him for a few days. Here are some pictures:
3 comments:
Happy Birthday John!
Miss you John. Happy Birthday!
It seems like yesterday I got the call that he had arrived! Time flies! Happy Birthday John!
Post a Comment