Betsy is Little Miss Personality these days, and SO much fun. She is starting to point at things and say "dis" or "dat", and loves to read -- she'll pull a book out of her basket, crawl over to us, and climb up into our laps saying "buh".
She's still saying "Mama" and "Da", though as far as she is concerned, Daddy hung the moon. When I'm reading to her, I have to do some careful editing to make sure I don't say the D word, because as soon as I do, she's out of my lap and looking around for him.
Oh, and this girl can flirt. If someone talks to her, she will bury her head in my shoulder and then look up just enough to smile at them. She's almost batting her eyelashes. And the best is when you say, "Betsy, no." She'll stop whatever she's doing and look at you very solemly, and then shake her head no. It's the cutest thing and it makes us laugh every time, especially when she does something she knows she's not supposed to (like bite me on the shoulder!) and then starts shaking her head before I even say anything.
Favorite things (besides Daddy) -- any and every kind of food, books, Elmo, playing peekaboo, and spiders. Seriously, spiders. She loves the Miss Spider board books, and will sit up and point to a spider in other books when she sees one. Funny girl. And she wants to be a big kid -- she'd follow her brother anywhere, if he would only let her.
Two weeks from today Tommy and I will be in China, so we're trying to get things squared away as far as eating and sleeping through the night. We're almost there. I think. G and Grandpa, I'm sure she'll do just fine. ;-)
We can't wait to see what she's doing by the time we get home!
1 comment:
Abby thinks Erik's da bomb. It's such a relief to see that Betsy is in a similar place with her daddy love. I don't feel *quite* as incompetent as a mom now... ;-)
Post a Comment