
We thought that John might like to walk across the finish line. We thought wrong. What John really wanted was to turn around and walk away from the finish line, inspect the traffic cones, and impede traffic -- in general, he wanted to avoid the finish line at all costs.




From there, John and I crashed at G and Grandpa's house while Tommy helped Dash and Shae move the last of their things into their brand spankin' new house. Congrats again, guys! And we rounded out the afternoon watching the Aggies win over Missouri. (Sorry, Rankins!)
Sunday was rainy and blah -- nothing like what we narrowly missed in Houston, but still gross. Of course, this was the day that we were having church out on the land where our new sanctuary will be built. So I listened to the sermon with one ear while watching John wallow in mud puddles and trying to keep him out of the poison ivy. He was all boy -- covered in dirt and mud and smiling from ear to ear.
This has nothing to do with the weekend or John or really anything else that's relevant, but I do have to pass along this fabulous little blog tidbit. I know, I've told most of you about it already! I've never gotten into The Bachelor [Unless you count Fox's mini-series The Littlest Groom, which Tommy refuses to let me forget that WE watched in its entirety. Oh yes -- Tommy watched it too. Ask him about it.] And I probably wouldn't have gotten into it this year either if it weren't for this. It's more entertaining than watching the show.
That's about it for now -- time to get some sleep!
1 comment:
Ruth-
I love you, but you have way too much time on your hands. Between the Bachelor and the Grey's blog, we might have to have an intervention. I'm calling Tommy today!:)
kjp
Post a Comment