Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Quick Update

We came back from Houston on Saturday night. We had a great time hanging out with all the Connells -- Thanksgiving, a baby shower for Dash and Shae, and even a football injury for Tommy. Feel free to ask him about it.

I had a hard time coming into our house and realizing that after 5 1/2 years, it will be the last time we ever come back here after a long trip, the last time that we'll look around our favorite room and enjoy just being home. Not that I regret that we're selling it, but I tend to get attached to houses, and this one may be the hardest to leave.

Things seem to be moving along -- the buyers' inspection was yesterday afternoon, and the appraiser came today. We are just holding our breath until the option period ends on Friday.

Speaking of Friday, I'll be headed up to DFW for the night to meet sweet baby Abby and spend some time with my girls. Can't wait.

John and Betsy seem to be blissfully unaware of all that we have to do in the next 15 days. (Yep, 15. Is it possible to convey hyperventilation over a blog?) John does provide a full recap of our upcoming itinerary to anyone who will listen, but I'm not convinced that he actually gets it.

Betsy has started saying "Uh-oh" and, for the first time, distinctly said "Mama" in a situation that didn't involve food or wanting to be held. She also uses a "Duh" sound to indicate that she wants a drink or sees a dog. It's all about context clues with her. She's struggling through a nasty head/chest cold (I'm struggling along with her) so I'm sure we'll be back for another round of antibiotics soon. Better safe than sorry when a 15-hour flight looms on the horizon.

Time to get some sleep -- I leave Austin two weeks from tomorrow, and haven't packed a single box!

1 comment:

lltanderson said...

i'm having sympathy heart palpitations. what an exciting, but crazy busy and a little scary time for you guys! i am really looking forward to keeping up with your adventure via this blog.