Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to School!


Today, at long last, John returned to preschool. (And there was a huge sigh of relief.) He's upstairs with the big kids now, and has sweet but seemingly strict teachers, so it should make for an interesting year. He was so excited to go this morning and didn't even look back after running ahead of me into his classroom. In fact, when I asked him to give me a hug goodbye, he said, "How about I just blow you a kiss." And when I picked him up, his teacher said, "Yes, John. The quiet boy." He has them fooled already.

We've come a long way from last year:

And don't think I wasn't just a little bit weepy, looking back at his longer hair and baby cheeks. He's growing up so fast!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lucy Sayles said...

I love that outfit John wore to school on his first day.

April said...

So adorable. Brody's first day is tomorrow...he is sooooo excited. I am sure a pic or two will be taken and shared. ;)

Marcy said...

I'm glad it went well! I hope Aubrey's first day goes as smoothly next week... Hard to believe how much he has grown and changed this year!

Joe and Heather said...

Too cute. We miss you guys!