How is it Friday already?
Quick update since the last post -- we had a great time with Aunt Natalie last weekend. I would have taken pictures, but we were too busy talking and eating and talking and shopping to mess with the camera. And John was too busy flirting and showing off to consider taking a nap. Can't wait to see her again when Sister arrives!
We've also managed to achieve not one, but two! date nights -- a fun and fancy dinner celebration last Saturday, and then dessert and a stroll through Barnes & Noble last night. Trying to fit them all in while we can...
The beard endures, for those of you who are wondering. Though its days might be numbered ... we'll see. I told you I'm full of riveting information.
We've spent this week doing pretty normal stuff -- hanging out with our neighborhood buddies, a couple of trips to Target, a fabulous last splash with Victor and Dawn before the pools close for the school year. Hard to believe that preschool starts in just over a week!
The silver car is in the body shop (or the car doctor, as John calls it) and now we are blazing around town in a stylish Taurus. While not the car of my dreams, it is a V6 and has really cold air conditioning. Those are possibly the nicest things I can say about it, and the friendly car rental man assures me that he will deliver something more acceptable soon. I required about 30 seconds to catch my breath when I got the estimate from the body shop this afternoon. Granted, we are only paying a teeny tiny fraction of it, and because NEITHER of the people who caused the damage have car insurance, we get the silver lining (or, to use the Ford color palette, Snowball White lining) of a free rental car for the duration of the repair work.
Oh, I guess this is more important than the car situation. :-) My 31-week checkup this morning was uneventful and all good news. Next visit is in 3 weeks, and then the weekly checkups start at the end of September.
Next weekend we'll head to Houston/Katy/Woodlands/Cypress/Humble for a last hurrah before I'm forbidden to leave Austin, the timing of which just so happens to coincide with a 31st birthday and the first Aggie game. Hallelujah, football is here again.
Happy weekend, everyone!
1 comment:
You have a beard? Wow! It's been a while since I've seen you. ;-)
Post a Comment